Monday, December 5, 2011

Angel of Music

I had so much fun with this project! The idea came to me when I was brainstorming gift ideas for my sister-in-law. I knew she liked angels, music & writing (she just won the fantasy category for National Novel Writing Month-congrats!) So I decided to mix her favorite things into one awesome gift!

First order of business was to find an angel figurine. I finally found the perfect one at Family Dollar. 
Don't worry if the angel isn't super cute because you're going to cover it!


Next, find some old sheet music and tear it into different sized strips.

Now make your "guck": Flour, water and a little bit of liquid glue. It should be a smooth consistency.

Dip strips into the guck and place on angel. 


Cover angel completely. I used the end of a pen to get the music strips to stick in the small crevices. Let your angel dry over night. 

Once your angel is completely dry, pull out my best friend-MOD PODGE and slather that angel!
Put the mod podge on your angel will give it a nice polished look. If you want the rough antique-y look, don't use mod podge but, you'll have to be careful with applying the "guck" and how your music strips lay on the figurine.  

Let the podge dry then wrap it up and give it to a friend. 


Other fun ideas:
Cover an old frame, flower pot or Christmas ornaments



No comments:

Post a Comment