Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Something Blue"

Tis the season to get married! Fa la la la la la la la la! All jokes aside, I have 5 wedding announcements magnetized to my fridge. Some are friends from high school that I only see on Facebook, others I don't even recognize. The 2 that I am really good friends with--a bridal shower must be had!

Planning bridal showers can be tricky. You must take into account your party guests. A bridal shower with grandma can be very different from the "friends only" party.

Picking the theme:
For my own bridal shower, my theme was "Home Sweet Home". Invitations were sent out with a specific room in the house. That way I received a little bit of everything. Items for the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, etc...

Bridal Shower invite for theme "Something Blue"

As I planned my friend's shower I decided to use the theme "Something Blue". Party guests have the ability to be creative. I took it literal and got her every cleaning product on aisle 54A that was the color blue. I put it all in an easy to carry basket (blue of course!).

For decoration we had blue balloons, blue streamers and put a big blue bow on the front door. For dessert I made cupcakes with blue frosting. (we also served watermelon...although not blue, very tasty!)



Every good bridal shower has a few games. We played two different ones. First, the classic candy bar matching game. Second, we asked the groom a couple of questions before hand. As we asked the bride questions, when ever she got one right she was allowed to open a gift. This was a fun game because although we are really good friends with the bride, we got to know the groom a little bit better too!





Candy Bar Memory Matching Game:
Bride -- Hot Tamale
Groom -- Big Hunk (or Mr. Goodbar)
Bride & Groom--Sweetarts
Groomsmen-- 3 Musketeers
Bridesmaids--Airheads
Wedding Ring-- Ring Pop
Wedding Night --Skor
Reception --100 Grand
Reception Departure--Fast Break
Tie the Knot --Twizzlers
Father of the Bride --Sugar Daddy
First Dance --Symphony
Honeymoon Surpirse -- Baby Ruth
Wedding Gifts -- Mounds
The Parents --LifeSavers
Warm Embraces--Hugs (hershey)
Post Wedding Bank Account--Zero
The First Year --Rocky Road
Wedding Photos --Nestle Treasures
Honeymoon --Good & Plenty
First Date Interactions--Butterfingers
On Cloud Nine-- Milky Way
The In-Laws --Nerds
Birth Control --Whatchamacallit

No comments:

Post a Comment