Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Burning Calories at FatCats


Lately I’ve become obsessed with recording my calories. I know by heart that my orange for breakfast is 62 calories & my otter pop after dinner is 15.

Because I see exactly what I’ve eaten so far today, I know I need to burn some of those calories. If I want to fit into my skinny jeans I’ve got to be active, right?

My mind first wanders to, “...man, I hate the gym!” So, how can I exercise and make it fun?

Using my favorite iPad app, Lose It!, I discover there are so many activities I can do to burn calories and be active!

170 calories burned cleaning my apartment-check! Now, cleaning the house isn’t necessarily fun, but it had to be done.  I killed two birds with one stone…clean house and exercising! Ok, the house is clean, so my husband and I head to FatCats for a date night. 

We park in the furthest stall to increase walking time. Bowling for one hour I burned 309 calories! Instead of sitting during my husband's turn I stand & when a good song comes on I bust a move!

Although my husband is embarrassed to be seen with an Elaine Benes dancer (see Seinfeld for clarification), I feel great! Bowling beats going to the gym and it’s cheaper!
 My husband about to get a strike! (I always miss the money maker shot!)



30 minute activities at FatCats that can help burn those calories:
Bowling= 60-80 calories
Glow Golf =115-150 calories
Dancing at Thunder Alley =120-150 calories
Billiards =40-60 calories 

Even if calories aren't on your mind, FatCats is a great place to be with your family and friends. My husband and I will definitely be back! I have to-he beat me... There is no way I'm going to let him keep the win =)
Me and Hubby

1 comment:

  1. I love Fat Cats and love bowling!!! I think you will do awesome at this job!

    ReplyDelete